Name an Animal
$1,000 – $25,000, based on animal
The animal naming program at the Los Angeles Zoo provides groups and individuals an opportunity to develop a deeper connection with a Zoo resident. Funds from this program benefit the welfare of the animals that call the Los Angeles Zoo home, ensuring that they are enriched and thrive here.
Many animals are available for naming with donations commensurate with the animal species chosen.
Donors that support the naming program at the L.A. Zoo receive the following benefits:
- Opportunity to name your Zoo resident (pending approval by the Zoo Director)
- Recognition in Zoo publications and on social media when your animal is featured
- Official certificate and photograph
- Commemorative plaque presentation and VIP cart tour (included with donations of $3,000 or more)
To inquire about naming opportunities, please contact the Development Division at (323) 486-1352.
- Western lowland gorilla Angela (above) was named in honor of Angela Collier.
- Grubby the meerkat was named by Oliver and Milo Blossom in honor of their beloved grandfather.
- Two Chilean flamingos – Alex and Emmy – were named in loving memory of Emilia Alexandra Navarro.
- Ninja the ocelot was named by Diana Lieu.
- Anjie, a Chacoan peccary named in loving memory of docent Anjie Harrison.
- Freddie, a ring-tailed lemur named by Jakob Diamond.