The Conservation Council is a group of emerging leaders and young professionals in the Greater Los Angeles area that are passionate about conservation and wildlife. Members play a vital role in the success of the Zoo’s conservation initiatives through active participation in fundraising and by increasing public awareness of and supporting the Zoo’s species survival programs.
- Members receive unlimited admission to your Los Angeles Zoo.
- Exclusive networking opportunities with other professionals and Zoo enthusiasts.
- Invitations to unique social and educational events.
- Insider access to Zoo conservation programs, projects, and research.
- Numerous opportunities to connect with the Zoo’s talented and passionate staff.
Levels & Benefits
Conservation Council Individual
- Daytime admission to the L.A. Zoo for one adult named on card
- One membership card
Conservation Council Dual
- Daytime admission to the L.A. Zoo for one adult named on card plus one guest OR two adults named on card
- Two membership cards
Conservation Council Family
- Daytime admission to the L.A. Zoo for one adult named on card plus one guest OR two adults named on card, plus your own children (ages 2-17)
- Two membership cards
Four FREE Safari Shuttle tickets (a $20 value)
Restoring West Trail in Griffith Park
Saturday, October 1, 2022 @ 9 a.m.
In partnership with the Zoo’s Conservation Committee, we will be collecting baseline information, measuring, and conducting habitat and wildlife surveys.
L.A. ZOOM to You
Thursday, November 10, 2022 @ 11 a.m.
Executive Director of the Painted Dog Research Trust Greg Rasmussen and the Zoo’s Director of Conservation Dr. Jake Owens will provide an in-depth look at the important work happening at the Zoo and around the globe to aid in painted dog conservation.
Conservation Council Founding Members
How long is a membership good for?
A membership is valid for 12 months from the time you purchase it.
Is my membership tax deductible?
The Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and your gift is fully tax deductible tax to the extent allowed by law. You will receive a tax receipt with your membership cards.
Does the Conservation Council accept matching gifts?
Yes! Many employers provide a “matching gifts” service, which means when you donate to the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association (GLAZA), your company may match that gift to double (or even triple!) your impact. Ask your Human Resources department for details. Matching gifts cannot be applied to upgrade your membership.
For information on joining the Conservation Council email Danika Jensen, Manager of Annual Giving Programs at [email protected].