Wild for the Planet Member Preview
Saturday, April 8, 2023, 8:30–10 a.m.
This is a low-waste event. By distributing event information digitally, we’re eliminating the waste and energy consumption associated with printed maps. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. And thank you for being a member!
- Zoo Grill, International Marketplace, and stroller/wheelchair rentals open at 8:30 a.m.
See the full Event Map & Schedule for the complete list of feedings for the day
- Flamingo at 9 a.m.
- Winnick Family Children’s Zoo nursery window animals at 9 a.m.
- Giant otter at Rainforest of the Americas at 9:30 a.m.
NOTE: With the exception of those receiving special feedings, animals will be out starting at 10 a.m., when the Zoo opens to the general public.
- Los Angeles Public Library outreach vehicle and station—Learn about the library and what they do, apply for a library card, and check out books.
- Earth Expo—Enjoy eco-activities and resources courtesy of our community and conservation partners, including Catalina Island Conservancy, CicLAvia, the L.A. Zoo Conservation Crew, Earth Watch, L.A. County Department of Public Health, L.A. Department of Water and Power, National Parks Conservation Association, Orang Utan Republik Foundation, Orangutan Conservancy, and Pasadena Audubon Society
- ADOPT an Animal (available for an additional fee) until 9:30 a.m.
- Honey tastings with the Los Angeles Beekeepers Association ($3 per tasting)—Sample five all-natural honeys.
- Roaming bee character—Take a bee-utiful photo with a pollinator pal.
- Wild About Art: Collective coloring mural
- Wild About Music & Dance: Korean Classical Music and Dance Company (The Music Center) at 9:15 a.m.
- Tom Mankiewicz Conservation Carousel (free for members until 10 a.m.)
In front of Angela Collier World of Birds Theater
- Planting for Pollinators activity & Butterfly Education Station—Plant yarrow or poppy seeds into your own biodegradable pot and take a photo of the care instructions.
- Bird Strike Prevention activity & Birds and Beaks Education Station—Make a stained glass-style craft to use as a window decal for bird strike prevention. Learn about other simple actions you can take to prevent bird strikes.
- Upcycling Inspiration Lab—Get creative ideas for turning unwanted household items into works of art, and take a photo at our upcycled Zoo Memories quilt.
- #LAZooPlanetPromise photo op—Make every day Earth Day by committing to a simple sustainability action.
- Gorillas on the Line/ECO-CELL handheld electronics drive—Learn how responsible recycling of unwanted handheld electronics benefits gorillas in the wild.
- Open at 8:30 a.m.
Get Social With Us!
Share photos and videos of your visit on social media using #LAZoo and #WildForThePlanet and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.