World Gorilla Day Weekend 2023
September 23 and 24
World Gorilla Day is September 24, but we’re giving these great apes a double dose of appreciation with two days of fun and inspiring activities, presentations, and the debut of a children’s book about our own gorilla toddler, Angela.
10 a.m.–4 p.m.
Free with paid daytime admission and for GLAZA members
Get to know our gorillas—and learn about their wild counterparts! Special activities include
- Interactive education stations showcasing some of the important work being done to preserve gorillas and their habitats by the L.A. Zoo and our partner, the Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education (GRACE) Center, which works to safeguard the critically endangered Grauer’s gorilla
- Keeper talks about the seven gorillas that call the Los Angeles Zoo home and what goes into caring for them
- Meet-and-greets with the author of Angela & Lulingu, the new children’s book starring our very own three-year-old gorilla, Angela
- Musical performances with Masanga Marimba
- Handheld electronics drive and fundraiser where those who donate a device or $25 will receive a small gorilla-themed gift, while supplies last. Go to our donation tips page to learn how to prepare your handheld electronics for donation before your visit.
No Post Found
Handheld Electronics Recycling
Help Gorillas by Donating Your Old Phones
One of the easiest ways you can help gorillas is by donating your old handheld electronics. Have a bunch of old phones gathering dust in a drawer? Bring them to the Zoo, and we’ll recycle them through our recycling partner, ECO-CELL. Proceeds support gorilla conservation. Before your visit, check out our easy donation tip sheet to learn what devices are accepted.