Indian Rhino Encounter Tour
The Rhino VIP tour is available every Saturday, Sunday, and on holidays at 1:00 PM for $10 (Zoo admission fee not included). Please note:
- Rhino VIP tours on May 18th and 19th are unavailable.
- Click here to purchase your tickets online!
- General visitors may purchase tickets onsite at any Admissions ticket window.
- Members may purchase tickets onsite at Admissions Window #11.
- The minimum age requirement is four years old.
- All participants must sign a Waiver and Release of Claims form. For more information and faster processing, download, complete, and bring these forms with you on the day of your tour. Please click here to download the form.
- Purchase your tickets early as tours are limited to 25 participants and sold on a first-come, first-served basis!
World of Birds Show
The World of Birds Show is currently closed for renovations.
Elephant Training Demonstration
Visit the Wasserman Family Thai Pavilion at the Elephants of Asia habitat to observe a training demonstration led by L.A. Zoo animal keepers. Daily at 11am.
The Tom Mankiewicz Conservation Carousel
Made possible by a generous gift from Ann and Jerry Moss, this amazing addition to the Zoo experience features 64 unique hand-carved wooden figures and a universally accessible standing chariot. Located next to Treetops Terrace.
- Open daily: 10:15am to 4:45pm
- $3 per ride (revenue helps fund programs at the Zoo!)
- Children under 42 inches in height must be accompanied by one adult (at no additional charge).
Visit the top of the Winnick Family Children's Zoo to get up-close and touchable with our goats and sheep in the animal contact area known as Muriel's Ranch, made possible by a generous gift from the Max H. Gluck Foundation.
Fifteen sweet-tempered baby Nigerian Dwarf goats were added to the Ranch in late 2012. This species only reaches around two feet, and the adults weigh in between 20 and 50 pounds. These colorful and curious babies are a kid-friendly size and a must-see for the young and "young-at-heart"!
We have brushes available for you to groom these fun domestic animals! Open each day from 10am – 1pm, and 1:30pm – 4pm.
The California Condor Rescue Zone (CCRZ)
The CCRZ is a fun, facilitated play space designed for children ages six and up. In an exciting immersive environment, children discover what it takes to protect California condors, and the important role the LA Zoo plays in saving this amazing species. Open Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and City recognized holidays, from 10am - 4:30pm.
Animals & You Program
You’re sure to have a wild time during these close-up creature encounters! These 15-minute long animal close-ups take place at stations in the Winnick Family Children’s Zoo on weekdays at 10:45am and 11:45am and on weekends at 10:45am, 11:45am, and 12:45pm (subject to availability). Particular animals vary, and are not listed for a certain day or time. The program consists of the following animals that rotate through the Animals & You stations:
African Desert Hedgehog
Colombian Rainbow Boa
La Plata 3-Banded Armadillo
Neil Papiano Play Park
The Neil Papiano Play Park (located in the upper zoo along the perimeter road) incorporates animal-themed climbing sculptures, large play structures, a toddler area, water misters, grassy landscaping, and a large picnic area.
It was specially designed to be accessible to all children visiting the Zoo, including those with medical and physical challenges.
Available both in English and in Spanish, the L.A. Zoo audio tour features 14 of our most Weird and Wonderful animals! You can hear the information from your computer or by calling on your cell phone at the Zoo.
For English, call 866/933-4005. For Spanish, call 866/933-4006. More information is available in your Zoo Map handout.