Made Possible by a Generous Gift from Ann and Jerry Moss
Join the Circle of Wildlife!
For hundreds of years, carousels have held a special place in communities throughout the world, creating magical memories for children of all ages. Whether it be the lilting music, the flashing colors and lights or the magnificent animals whirling by, carousels never fail to excite and astonish.
Now is your opportunity to be at the center of the creation of the Zoo’s wonderful new Tom Mankiewicz Conservation Carousel by joining the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association’s Circle of Wildlife and sponsoring one or more of these enchanting animals and chariots that can be viewed below.
The Carousel is Now Open!
Sponsorship opportunities are available at $25,000 for each animal or chariot (payable over three years) and are recognized for 15 years on a plaque placed at the foot of each figure.
Special features include:
- Hand-carved wooden figures created by The Carousel Works in Mansfield, Ohio and hand-painted by their artisans. Each piece is unique.
- Primarily animals in residence at the Los Angeles Zoo
- Many animals which the Los Angeles Zoo is working to save from extinction
- Two universally accessible standing chariots
- Exquisitely conceived and painted art work representing the flora and fauna of California
- Located high atop Treetops Terrace in the center of the Zoo
- Music identified with the “California sound” and recorded primarily in the 1960s and 1970s by A & M Records in Los Angeles
Listen to the Tijuana Taxi by Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass:
Best of all, Circle of Wildlife members know that their contribution plays an important role in developing critical ongoing income for the Zoo and its many education and conservation programs!