Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association Publications Intern
Title: Publications Division Intern (Uncompensated)
Reports to: Director of Publications
Under the direction of the Director of Publications, provides administrative support and creative input for the publications division.
- Proofreads and fact-checks articles for print and online publications.
- Writes animal fact sheets and other content for Zoo website.
- Conducts library and online research for upcoming articles.
- Enters data regarding zoo publications into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Assists with miscellaneous duties including but not limited to Xeroxing, distributing in-house copies of publications, and organizing paper flow.
- Writes at least one bylined story for a Zoo publication, subject to editing and approval, and may contribute to other articles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Open to high school graduates, preferably college students majoring in journalism, English, zoology, biology, anthropology, environmental science, or a related field.
- Ability to communicate, develop and maintain a close effective relationship with staff, volunteers, and Zoo visitors.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of rules of grammar and punctuation.
- Photography and/or videography skills are highly desired, but not required.
- Computer literacy skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, WordPress, and HTML) helpful.
Summer internship dates are flexible, with a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week for 10 weeks. Send resume and cover letter (with dates of availability) to Brenda Posada at email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles and the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association do not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities.
The Los Angeles Zoo is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunities in all phases of its employment practices.